We’re on a mission to elevate the careers and livelihoods of millions of blue collar professionals, artisans, and other informal workers through the use of technology. Join us.
As the head of content, you will be responsible for making sure that people are obsessed with our products. Lynk professionals have amazing stories, and they make and do incredible things. You have a keen eye for identifying things people want, the ability to connect with thousands of people, and are a true trendsetter. At the same time you are also smart and analytical, capable of measuring what content is working and designing systems, processes, and teams to magnify your impact.
A bit about the role:
Every day, our professionals make and do beautiful, useful, and unique things. However, all of the jobs we have done to date have been inbound requests from customers. That’s why we’ve been working on a way to showcase, promote, and sell the work of our professionals. Now we need someone to lead this effort and grow it into an incredibly compelling and impactful product.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leveraging our company’s large network of professionals to identify and curate excellent content
- Designing a solid, data driven business case for selling products & services
- Creating scalable processes for all aspects of the product including - content sourcing, description, promotion, sales, delivery, etc
- Making informed and data driven decisions to improve key metrics
- Building and managing a team capable of scaling these efforts exponentially
- Partner with Lynk’s engineering team to make relevant product changes and feature additions
- Seizing any and every opportunity to get the products and services of professionals into every home and business in Nairobi
Successful candidates will have all or most of these qualifications:
- Passionate about our mission to transform the informal sector and have tons of ideas on how we can do it better
- You’re able to work across a variety of functions, and for things you don’t know you’re eager to learn and improve.
- Degree in business, marketing, communications or related field. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years experience working in ecommerce, retail, marketing, or other related field
- Demonstrated track record for driving strong growth and providing delightful experiences to users
- Keen eye for fashion, trends, and market demand
- Strong analytical skills and deep understanding of Microsoft excel
- Excellent copywriting skills
- An insatiable hunger to build, grow, and scale products
More about Lynk:
At Lynk we make it easier for households and businesses to connect with high quality professionals. Currently we have verified professionals in over 140 categories ranging from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors. Through the use of technology we unlock important career tools such as digital profiles, product galleries, customer reviews, and more.
As a company, we’re a tight-knit and highly-collaborative team of developers, hustlers, planners, and doers. We provide the freedom and tools necessary for people to be comfortable and successful in their work and in return expect high performance and a culture of excellence. We value ambition, curiosity, candor and most of all an uncontrollable desire to create amazing things.
To Apply: Please send your application and relevant supporting materials to email@example.com